The art of copy
A sneak preview of the “Witch's Kitchen” of the Plagiarists
Copying is the fine art of adapting to the capabilities of the old artist according to his personality, the historical period and the environment.
A selection of subjects and layout and also working methods for support, drawing, pigment, colour structure to produce the image using pencil and brush in a convincing and accomplished way.
You can read the old recipes like those in a 5 stars restaurant menu.
No wonder, as everything edible is also the raw material for high quality colours and pictures.
- Honey – Binder for plaster priming of the painting surface,
- Wine – Solvent for watercolours
- Eggs – Binder for watercolours
- Garlic – Binder with snail slime, for golden powder
- Flour – pastes, glue, filler
- Bread – etching, brighten, chalk drawing
- Potatoes – remove grease stains
- Coffee, Tea, chicory – tint for paper
- Milk – useful fixator for pencil, chalk, pastel.
- „Genius is not about having new ideas but being so obsessed by the idea such that what has already been said about it is not enough.” (Eugène Delacroix)
We want to better understand the old masters.
We don’t just talk about them but actually follow their footsteps.
We work following the style and the spirit of the old masters.
We produce perfect and ornamental copies strictly adhering to the copyright rules and applicable laws. From the old ages through Renaissance until present times.
Delight of the eyes – Delight of the senses.
In the time frame of
- Crete – „Die schöne Pariserin“ through
- Michelangelo – Adam‘s creation,
- Leonardo da Vinci – Mona Lisa to
- Botticelli – Birth of Venus, and also works of
- Beato Angelico, Dürer, El Greco, Caravaggio,
- Guido Reni, Rembrandt, Vermeer, C. D. Friedrich and
- Manet, Monet, Van Gogh, Klimt, Marc, Macke & others.
Famous & unknown works chosen by us or proposed by you according to your personal preferences and requests.